Bad Girl's Guide

Saturday, March 01, 2008

When You Pass Out

I stumbled on you by accident or fate, either way, I already love you... anyway.. as a 30-something who has not had a whole lot of dating experience because I was married and in a long term relationship, I need some advice. I went on a date Saturday with a guy I had just met that day (I bartend, he came in for drinks with friends and stayed to chat me up for a few more hours)... anyway... everything was going great throughout the date which was conveniently by his house.. so after a few drinks, we went back to his house (no kissing, etc.)After a couple more drinks, I think I lost consciousness because I can't think of why my clothes were on the floor. I remember HIM saying NO.. and then I think I passed out... Anyway, how can I salvage this date? Do I call and apologize or wait for him to call me? He has to think that I either have no self control, am an unbelievable tramp, an alcoholic or all of the above.

Hey Cathy, it's not clear to me whether or not you accosted him or not. I'm not even sure you know. The best idea is to stay away from lots of booze until you know the guy better. I'm sure you know this by now. So, how do you salvage the date?

Just approach it with a sense of humor. If he hasn't called you yet, call him up and say something like, "Hey, I heard you went out with a girl that was totally drunk the other night...did you survive it okay?" or something along those lines. Acknowledge that you made a mistake and a lapse in judgment, apologize for making him uncomfortable and assure him that it won't happen again. If he's still interested, he will call and ask you out again. If not, then chalk it up as a loss and move on. We all learn from our mistakes.

Good luck.

Posted by Vixen @ 12:53 PM :: 3 trainees letting it rip!

Talk to Me!

---------------oOo---------------