Monday, July 28, 2008
Wassup y'all! This is your favorite traveller! I officially have international stamps in my passport...WOOHOO! There was a story getting into the country of my vacation...I felt like I was getting seriously interrogated for no reason at all. I was flustered at the inquistion, especially since the few people in line before me got in easy as pie with absolutely no questions. In fact, I was kinda freaked out internally. here are the snarky comments that I wanted to say but bit my tongue!
"Who are you going to see? Your mama
"Where did you meet her?" Tramping on the red light district
"What was her major?" Human Sexuality
"Do you know anyone else here?" Yep..your papa
"Where is she supposed to meet you?" At the airport...duh!
"Do you have a job? What do you do?" None of your business
"When did you plan this trip?" Just yesterday, it was totally spur of the moment.
Posted by Vixen @ 10:51 PM ::
3 trainees letting it rip!
Talk to Me!
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
1. Do you believe in marriage? Yes I do. Just not in the institution of marriage. Any word with institution makes me think of being brainwashed.
2. What is marriage to you? Marriage is the solid commitment of two people towards a shared life, love and goals. And yes, you can be married without having a wedding.
3. If you are married, why did you do it? If you are not, why have you not married? I'm still planning the tri-continental weddings---duh!
4. Do you believe in divorce? No! I'm idealistic like that. My parents have been married for decades, and I've seen patients married over 50 years. Our generation is so quick to quit and give up. I feel that relationships grow and evolve, and the changes should not be enough to break you apart. Unless he's abusive to you or the kiddies.
5. If you are divorced, why did you do it? If you have not, are there certain circumstances under which you would agree to a divorce? I would initiate a divorce if he was abusive. Besides that, I'm a "Till Death do us part" kinda girl.
Bonus (as in optional):Do you believe that same sex marriages are a threat to traditional marriages? Hell no! Why would it be? How does whether or not someone else gets married affect you? Do you care that your car salesman is married? Or your neighbor? It's not your bloody business and doesn't affect you in any way. If two people love each other enough to commit forever, then let them be.
Labels: Hot Seat Tuesday
Posted by Vixen @ 5:25 AM ::
4 trainees letting it rip!
Talk to Me!
Saturday, July 05, 2008
When Your Girlfriend Wants or Gets an Abortion
If your girlfriend wants or gets an abortion and she confides this to you, should you tell her baby daddy?
I've heard of men that get so upset when they find out that their girlfriend is expecting. Some men turn to her and curse, make a big scene and yell that she is ruining his life. Some guys panic instantly, their hearts start racing and palms sweating yet still manage to croak, "Anything you want to do babe," wishing that they were the one's that had to make the primary decision. While there are others that are just ecstatically happy to hear the news, leaping around and screaming happily from the rooftops, some men have the abortion clinic on speed dial or mapped out.
The reason I ask is that some girls go to the clinic without letting the baby daddy know. The reasoning is that she wants to get rid of the baby anyway, so why put him through the hassle? Another excuse might be that her relationship with him is rocky at best, and getting an abortion might just tip the boat. Maybe he's abusive or a jerk and she can't imagine having him in her life for the next 18 years. So she decides to take the plunge and asks you to help her.
Now we all know the routine of driving her to the least suspect looking clinic, holding her hand in the waiting room and filling out the paperwork. Some of us have even gone through paying the bills and answering questions from the nurse so that she doesn't have to deal with it. The question is when she comes back out into the waiting room, a somber gait to her step and tears in her eyes, what do you do next?
Which will weigh heavier on your heart when you look at her boyfriend a few hours or days later? Will you be consumed with guilt that you were an accessory to the suctioning of his future offspring, or will you be able to stoically face him knowing that he's better off now knowing?
Personally I strive never to come between a man and his woman. It's not my business what goes on in their relationship---my only concern is the happiness and wellbeing of my friend. However, I would be lying if I said that I didn't have a few moments of chagrin facing her boyfriend the next day.
The Girl Code expects that you keep your girlfriends' secret at all times, she is your friend and she comes first. However what if you are pro-life, religious, didn't agree with her choice, don't agree with the decision of never telling him or having such a guilty conscience and want to confess....what do you do?
I would love everyone's input on this, men and women alike.
Labels: Girl Talk
Posted by Vixen @ 2:39 AM ::
9 trainees letting it rip!
Talk to Me!
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
1. How many cell phones have you had? Four. I generally keep them 2 years, the length of my contract.
How long have you had your current cell phone number? Since October last year. Too many stalkers on the last one;)
2. Where was the last place you had sex? Ummm, do you really want to know that? Soundproof recording studio room, black velvet walls and black plush carpet. I was blessing the mic and things took a whole 'nother turn.
3. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with your love life? (1 is lowest, 10 is highest) How high can you count? 51 is the number of consecutive orgasms I've had. So I guess it would be 51.
4. Does Bliss sound like a fun game to you? Have you ever played it?
Hell yeah, I'm ordering it right now. Sounds quite scintillating.
5. Is there anything or anyone you would be willing to die for? I would die to find a cure for sickle cell anemia. I would die for anyone in my inner circle of life.
Bonus (as in optional): If you were (or had) a magic genie and could only grant wishes for others and you only had three left, what would they be and who would they be for? You mean I can't ask for more wishes? No fair, what did I use all of the wishes on?
1. For my MIL, to grant her fondest wish. (sorry, can't tell you want it is)
2. Everyone with a disease, for it to be cured and they remain healthy for the duration of their lives.
3. Would be for World Peace, International Unity and a Global Marketplace.
Labels: Hot Seat Tuesday
Posted by Vixen @ 4:18 AM ::
0 trainees letting it rip!
Talk to Me!