Bad Girl's Guide

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Complaining in a Relationship

Okay, so I've been totally bad. In fact very bad with posting. I used to be a posting queen...I wonder what happened to me? I think one of the things was starting my other blog, that I can write on and bitch about all day long. Taking that angle, I should just bitch about hella ish on here.

For example, why do we stress, scheme and worry about getting a boyfriend, but then when we do get one, we start griping about his pet peeves and things that irritate you to the same girlfriends that had to sit through your "WOE IS ME I DON'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND" rant?

First of all, the above rant is only what a desperate, lonely woman would say, one that needs to get a life! You don't need a boyfriend to complete you, or a man to make you happy, you only want one because you think that you should have one. A boyfriend is not an essential need to sustain your life, he's just an extra. Think of a relationship as the cherry on top of an already delicious cake.

Okay so she finally finds a guy that likes her enough to stick around. And what does she do? Sit and whine and complain about his dirty socks, bad table manners, hogging the remote and other small pet peeves that shouldn't even be enough to break the relationship.

In moments like this I just want to hang up or yell at said friend---'Look girly, stop complaining and just be grateful that you have what you wanted." I think it's just the whole grass is greener mentality. We always want something more or what we think is something better.

I wonder if guys sit in the locker room complaining about their new girlfriend. Anyone got an answer to that? I don't think they do, at least, not as much as we bitch about the guys. If anything it would be something along the lines of, "Yep, my new girl is cool but I wish she would gimme head more often." However for us, it's a whole laundry list.

Please--STOP COMPLAINING TO ME! In the grander scheme of things such little habits and foibles don't matter. You would be better served in spending your energy developing and enjoying the relationship you have, instead of whining about how he can do better.

Labels:


Posted by Vixen @ 2:06 AM :: 8 trainees letting it rip!

Talk to Me!

---------------oOo---------------