Bad Girl's Guide

Friday, October 07, 2005

Following Up

Definition: Following up is that phone call, or email after the first date, that one member of the party makes to the other. It's the segue into another date if it was pleasant or the red card if it was not.

This is definitely a polite thing to do, as well as humane. You shouldn't keep the other person wondering for more than a day or so. If you really did have a good time, follow up and say so, and if you didn't, let them know that as well. That way, they won't try to follow up with you and get shut down to their everlasting dismay.

My personal preference...a green light gets a phone call, a red light gets an email. But you must follow up, it is very essential.

Also, if you happen to like the guy, and he hasn't followed up with you yet, a gentle reminder might bring you once again to the forefront of his mind. I would only suggest this if he was absolutely drop dead gorgeous, intelligent, funny and witty and you simply must have him. However, it also puts you in the position of the hunter, which might backfire in the end.

There have also been instances where you did let the other person know that you were not interested and they didn't seem to understand. This does not mean, 'try harder, I'm playing hard to get'. It means: I'm not interested in you, as in, I no longer want to have anything to do with you so please stop calling me and emailing me and stalking me and being a bugaboo!

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I have some follow up to do.

Your thoughts?

Labels:


Posted by Vixen @ 2:43 AM :: 7 trainees letting it rip!

Talk to Me!

---------------oOo---------------