Bad Girl's Guide

Friday, August 04, 2006

Being Bossy

Ever since that song "Bossy" by Kelis came out it's been running haphazardly through my head. I realise that people that don't know me well might classify me as bossy. However, I prefer to think of myself as assertive.

See, back in the day I used to be the quiet introvert who bent over backwards and upside down to please everybody and everything. This tendency still manages to rear it's ugly head during family reunions. However, somehow during college, thanks to the wonderful influence of my Circle of Life, I came into my own. Over the years, I've actually realized with stunning regularity what I really do want from life and strove to achieve it. And of course along the way realised what I didn't want and have tried to avoid that!

I think this is a really big thing with the women of today. The days of Stepford wife-ism are totally gone and we are now in the era of total feminism. However, most quarterlifers still don't know what the hell they want. Especially in a man. Especially in a relationship. Or even if they want a relationship or just want sex, a hang-out buddy or a drinking partner.

Seriously ladies, we have got to be honest with ourselves here. Search your heart and soul for what you really, truly want. And go after it single-mindedly. Don't sashay around town wasting time with the Mr. Unavailables if you know that you actually do want an available guy. Don't date guys that treat you like crap when you know you deserve better. Don't give up what you truly want because some guy tells you that he wants something else entirely.

Ultimately, we are responsible for the mistakes we make in dating and relationships. Sure we learn from them and move on, but some of these can be avoided in the first place if we just stay true to our desires and open our eyes! We might want to blame the guy wholeheartedly for being a total jerk---but seriously, those red flags were there all along. And you saw them. But ignored them. And set yourself up for heartache.

So, to the petulant being who wrote me about how bossy I sound and who the hell am I to be giving advice....Allow me to tell you this:
  1. If you don't like my blog---don't fuckin' read it. It's the internet, there a gazillions of other blogs out there. Go find someone else to bother.
  2. You have your right to exercise your freedom of speech. As I have mine. However, your negative energy isn't wanted or needed here. So get to stepping and please don't come back.
  3. I'm not giving advice. I'm giving my opinion. Learn the difference.
  4. Read my very first blog post. Most of your rant was addressed there. See, I knew you would be coming.
Now that I got that off my chest, have a great weekend everyone.

xxx

Labels:


Posted by Vixen @ 12:05 AM :: 6 trainees letting it rip!

Talk to Me!

---------------oOo---------------