Bad Girl's Guide

Friday, October 14, 2005

True Love

Audrey has a post on her blog that set me thinking. In it, she stated that true love, true unconditional love, as found in our parents and grandparents day, where they met and instantly knew that they were soulmates and have been together from decades and eons has been virtually impossible to find in this day and age.

Of course, being the hopeless romantic that I am, I simply had to disagree with her. I believe despite numerous heartbreaks that there is a Mr. Right4Me. The question is, when am I going to meet him?

In this modernistic society, everything is about instant gratification. Fast food, speed dial, even the internet practically gives you all kinds of info at the press of the button. Could it be that the problem is that we are sick and tired of waiting to meet Mr. Right and just want Mr. Right Now?

You can find your soul mate. It's not a myth, I believe that it really is true. However, don't let trivial stuff get in the way. Some of the guys that we end up cutting out of our lives have just been for totally redundant reasons. We need to stop sweating the small stuff, the superficial, the packaging, and focus on the important issues. Are you attracted to him and he to you? Does he treat you well?

So yes, I do believe in true love and happily ever after. And I'm willing to wait until I meet him and refuse to settle.

BAaaad Girls don't settle for riffraff.

Posted by Vixen @ 7:41 PM :: 6 trainees letting it rip!

Talk to Me!

---------------oOo---------------