Bad Girl's Guide

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Being Yourself in a Relationship

I had a girlfriend over this weekend, and we were talking about...what else...? Our wonderful, fantastic, amazing and adorable men. A comment she made about her beau had me thinking. "With Lloyd, I can be myself at all times. I don't have to put on a happy face or pretend."

It wasn't until she said that that I realised that in all my previous relationships, I had been pretending. Not with the basic things about myself but staying mostly in that "Good Girlfriend" zone and not letting the real me come out.

See the real me, is the ultimate Libra. Libras are two forces combined into one person. We're like the ying & yang, id & ego constantly battling each other for supremacy, swinging extremely from one side of the spectrum to the other. The quest of a Libran is balanced and it's only when we are in the middle that we are our happiest. Every single thing you've heard about a Libra---the good and bad, that's the real me. When I'm good, I'm charming, sociable, kind and generous. The other side can be selfish, self-absorbed, mean, confused, insecure and have wildly swinging emotions that even I don't understand. I've been keeping the good side up, but no one ever, ever saw the bad side in it's full glory. Sometimes of course, elements of the bad side would come out, but never in a sufficient amount to counteract the good side.

This probably makes utterly no sense at all, but I actually have put it all on the line and let it ALL hang out, more than I ever have before. It's liberating that I don't have to hold up a visage or a front. I can just be myself...ALL THE TIME. He's man enough to handle me in all my dizzying array of emotions, actions and thoughts.

TECHNORATI TAGS: ////////

Labels:


Posted by Vixen @ 2:59 PM :: 9 trainees letting it rip!

Talk to Me!

---------------oOo---------------