Bad Girl's Guide

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Vixen's Guide to Moving On: pt 1

It’s happened to the best of us, some of us over and over again. You meet this guy, totally click and start dating. However, something happens and the relationship ends to your uttermost surprise and dismay. At times, you can see the breakup coming for weeks, even months; however other times it’s a total shocker.

Using the five stages of grief, let’s explore the feelings and emotions that we go through.

Denial: This can’t be happening to me. He’s not serious. He’s kidding. This has got to be a joke. He’s going to call me tomorrow and everything is going to be ok. We are going to be ok, our relationship is not over!

Anger: WTF??? Crazy MF!! He’s such a sleazy dog. Who does he think he is? Breaking up with me? I’m the best thing that ever happened to him, and then some. What about everything I did for him? Ungrateful wretch. Stupid bastard…ARRRRGH!

Bargaining: Maybe we should just be friends. Perhaps friends with benefits. I would rather just be his booty call than nothing at all. I need to still have him in my life, in any way shape or form. I’m not willing to let go.

Depression: Wow, I can’t believe it’s really over. I can’t breathe. My life will never be the same. My heart is broken, it’s hurting…physically. I can’t get out of bed, I can’t eat, and I can’t sleep. I can’t live without him.

Acceptance: I’m so glad he’s gone. God knows I am so much better without him. After all, there are many other fish in the sea. I’m moving on, a stronger, wiser, phenomenal woman. I refuse to settle for rubbish. I want my Mr. Right.

I’m sure that we have been through some of these emotions, if not all. Some people move through the five stages pretty quickly, some people need more time than others to process, heal and reach acceptance. But eventually you have to bear in mind that you will get to the end of the tunnel.

Labels:


Posted by Vixen @ 8:35 PM :: 7 trainees letting it rip!

Talk to Me!

---------------oOo---------------