Bad Girl's Guide

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Not Too Late....


When given the opportunity to review this, of course I jumped at it, being a total Norah Jones fan. The first single was a hit on iTunes, and I was looking forward to something along the same lines of her previous albums. Not Too Late did have the wonderful melodious voice that is NJ’s signature, yet for me, it lacked the emotional depth that is often expressed in all her songs. The hodgepodge amalgation of different topics that she sang about didn’t allow me to connect fully as I normally do.

Usually I can listen to any of her albums all the way through without skipping any tracks however in this one there are a few tracks that I just had to keep skipping over. I guess I’m just not on the same page as she is with this one. Rosie’s Lullaby, Wish I Could, & Thinking About You are my personal favorites. There are a more wonderful tracks on this album though, so I’m glad I have it in my collection.

For ranking this album with her previous efforts, it comes in last place for me. However, as a stand-alone ranking I would have to give it props for the wonderful acoustic soothing feel and her beautiful voice.

Album dropped January 30th, check it out yourself and let me know your thoughts.

“Thinking About You” Full Length Audio Streams:
Windows Media

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/angel/thinking_about_you_audio/thinking_about_you_128k.asx

Labels:


Posted by Vixen @ 8:49 AM :: 2 trainees letting it rip!

Talk to Me!

---------------oOo---------------